Thursday, July 28, 2005

That is not what I meant at all (Part II)

The highlight of today was our acquisition of a new fridge-freezer - frost-free. no less, so no more of that cooking five hundred frozen peas because they all stuck together inseparably in the bag. No sir.

So, I thought I’d share with you, dear Reader, a selection of the instructions which Samsung so kindly provided in the manual which came with Mr. Fridge (as my mother has affectionately christened him - he stands next to Mr. Bin and across the room from Mr. Microwave):

“Never use the combustible sprays like lacquer and paint near the machine for those will cause blasting hazard.”
“When the refrigerator works in malfunction, or is damaged, operation shall be stopped immediately.”
“In case of discard the refrigeratory, please discard the door seal at first.”
“Glass separation is moveable and very heavy. Please take care of children no touching lest injured.”
“In case of refrigerator door keeping open in a long time, it will make “Hooting” sound”.

And my personal favourite:
“Do not store the items with rigorous temperature requirements, such as blood serum, bacterin, academic data and so on.” Well, now I know where not to put my doctorate, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home