Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Any meaning we can assign to happiness

When I moved in to a new College last year and was feeling a bit new and fragile, my friend RL offered me possibly the best advice I've ever received - "smile whenever you see a Royal Mail van". After that, every time I saw one, even if I was feeling really down or tired or dispirited I made myself smile, and now it's become second nature. Which is great, because you really do see a lot of Royal Mail vans around the streets of Britain. So, I recommend this to everyone - take an incongruous but relatively common object, and invest your happiness in it! Americans - maybe those yellow school buses; Canadians - I don't know, moose or something? (N.B. I'm assured that the plural is actually "meece".)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home