Saturday, July 16, 2005

Until you can hear them all over the Park.

Today, in between all the packing and stuff (trying to fold up one of those wire-framed laundry baskets that should fit into its own front pocket. Yeah, right.) I managed a bit of time off to visit the University parks with D and K and their simply fantastic D-O-G Wookie. Naturally, we conformed to our species types - D, K, and I bouncing around chasing a frisbee and making fools of ourselves, while Wookie sat sedately in the leafy shade of a big tree, occasionally exchanging remarks with passing fellow-canines. Admittedly, the poor guy did manage to get himself hit by an ill-thrown frisbee (well done, D!) but moved himself quite sedately to a safer spot with dignity unruffled.

Tonight, then, I met with Y to say goodbye - she’s going back to Canada for good at the beginning of August, which is pretty sad for me, though should be very exciting for her - new job, new city, all that stuff. And I suppose now I’ll have someone to visit in Canadia - check out all the quaint accents!

Other than that, I’ve been wandering around in a bit of a daze trying to remember the five million things I always want when I’m at home that just can’t be found in Swansea. Like nice olives. And books. Lots of books. That kind of thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home