Tuesday, September 27, 2005

And ghosts return

So, back in Oxford.

Apologies for the lack of recent posts, but it's so much easier when I have an ethernet connection.

Anyway, during my time in Swansea and the environs, I collected a number of photographs which provide further evidence of the tact and tastefulness displayed in this charming corner of the world (see earlier post). I include a couple for your perusal.

An advertisement in the city centre:











and a small boat sitting by the side of the sea:










I can also tell you truly that TK Maxx (clothing shop) has, amongst its other varied clothing departments, a rail devoted to "girls bottoms" [sic.], and that there is a town on the way to Hay-on-Way with the glorious name of "Three Cocks". Should anyone wish photographic evidence of the same, I can provide it.

But, anyway, I am now back in the national hub of culture and refinement, and such puerile amusements must be beyond me. I was, however, sturck by the headline of today's local newspaper:


This doesn't quite measure up to my all-time favourite Oxford Mail headline "Pub attacked by killer slugs", but still it's a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home