Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Always look...

...on the bright side of life. As Jesus once said. (Was it Jesus? Looked like him, anyway.) So, let's look at how lovely life is.

West Wing season 7 arrived in my pigeonhole today. Like, Oh My God, it's the end of an era. The delightful and delectable D invited me to bring it over and share his television (mmm... luxury!) so we ate chocolate souffle and enjoyed the delights of C. J. Cregg.

Side note: someone I once knew gave me the nickname E. J., for reasons best not discussed. But no one calls me that any more. And I really liked it. But how do I reintroduce it? I mean, it's a bit weird just to rename yourself randomly, eh?

Side note 2: the people in the church choir in which D and I sing think we're well on the road to marriage. What is it about churches? Exactly the same thing happened when I first started going to St. Mary's in Swansea with K. "Ooooh, and is he your boyfriend?" "No, no, we're just friends." "Well, you just keep hold of him, dear"(knowing wink). And there's no point arguing. They see two people of vaguely the same age; they want them to marry and produce Christian Children. Scary!

Anyway, on with the litany of wonderful things. I have a friend with cats. He invited me to dinner last week. So, not only did I have dinner cooked for me (yum), and not only did I introduce yet another person to the delight and absurdity that is the cartoon version of The Lord of the Rings, but I also had a cat on my lap for the first time in years. You cannot, dear Reader, imagine in your wildest dreams the wonderfulness of having a cat. Unless, of course, you have a cat yourself. In which case it would take less imagination, I suppose.

And then he who cooked me dinner also lent me the DVDs of Firefly, which is a kind of sci-fi series and absolutely rules the universe.

AND I have two Patricia Cornwell novels left to read in order to complete my perusal of her entire body of work. (Ha, like the pun? Crime writer, body of work... Cool, huh?) I feel that this is an achievement I can legitimately bring up with my supervisor when he asks precisely what I've been doing all Summer.

Erm... that's it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am enjoying the delights of Season 7 too - have been up way past my bedtime for the last three nights in a row to squeeze in more episodes.

No idea what EJ would stand for... But if you're following the US custom of using your initials as a nickname, surely yours would be BS?!

4:16 pm  
Blogger EJ said...

Ha! EJ is short for Elizabeth Jane. I'm sure you can work that one out in your prodigious brain, my dear...

9:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home