Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Green Resistance

Odd day, today. Lack of sleep was a big problem - it went like this: Wednesday is tutorial day, so Tuesday evening is spent designing and finishing off the tutorial worksheet. Tuesday evening at about 11, sheet was finished. More work, however, needed doing on materials for next week's class which needed handing out today. By 1 a.m. this also was done. Saved. Happy. Opened tutorial worksheet in order to print out copies. Realised had saved next week's jottings over worksheet. Cried. Just a tiny bit, but I was very tired so I guess it's excusable. So, at 3 a.m. I finally went to bed. Tutorial went well today, though, so I guess I shouldn't grumble. Especially not since it's Lent and I'd go to hell for sure.



Anyway, so, since two of my housemates are big Green people (ha ha, yes), I was encouraged to go on a demo which took place today in Oxford, protesting against the University's plans not to renew its contract for green electricity provision. I won't go into all the ins and outs of it, see here for more info, but it was quite an inspirational event and very well attended, especially considering the usual level of student apathy here (which includes me, I hasten to add).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home