Monday, March 06, 2006

Thou hast nor youth nor age

A disturbing discovery, today. I think I've mentioned before that I'm a big fan of the TV series Alias, right? Well, my super-duper favourite character in Alias is Jack Bristow, the heroine's father, played by Victor Garber. Jack (see photo, left) is the object of many a secret fantasy of mine. He's certainly what my housemate, S, would call a "silver fox" - a hideous term which apparently denotes gentlemen of the older generation who still have that certain je ne sais quoi (roughly translated in English = "Phwoooooaaarrrr!")

Anyway, this preamble is merely an introduction to what happened today. I was idly searching the internet for information about Alias - whether there would be a new series, all that stuff - when I came across the fact that Gorgeous Garber was, in fact, the lead in the original Godspell, and in the movie made of the musical, playing (would you believe it?) Jesus. I discovered a pretty good photograph (see right), which shows him with worryingly big hair and lacking, I think, most of Jack Bristow's gigantic sex appeal. I love Godspell - it's certainly head-and-shoulders above Lloyd Webber's stuff - but Victor? Surely not!

I'm traumatised. There's no other word for the effect this has had on me. The thought of sexy Victor dancing around in clown trousers with a ginger afro and clearly weighing less than a sparrow on a diet just doesn't do it for me, in the slightest. And next time Jack draws his big, shiny gun in Alias, I'm not going to be able to help hearing that immortal Monty Python line - "He's not the Messiah: he's a very naughty boy!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, you're kidding - he's super hot as JC - those eyes! that jawline! lips!!! religion never looked so tasty.

12:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home