Monday, February 13, 2006

He could make you laugh

Had a wonderful evening yesterday, as my delightful friend A invited me to evensong and dinner at her College. The service made quite a change from what I'm used to "at home", with all the proper BCP bowing and scraping and devices and desires and all that jazz, as well as an interesting and erudite preacher. All of which made up for absurdly uncomfortable pews.

The great revelation of the evening, for me, came not in our in-depth discussion of men and their faults (though this was illuminating!) but in watching Kind Hearts and Coronets. I've always avoided Ealing Comedy like the plague, but now I've found out what I was missing, I'm going to have to reconsider. Haven't laughed so much in an age! The hats, for goodness sakes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home