Wednesday, March 08, 2006

You see this egg?

A change of style is due, I think. You may not have noticed it, but up until now every single one of my posts has been entitled with a quotation from the works of T. S. Eliot. Yes, I am that much of a Tom fan. But finding appropriate words, even from the master of the appropriate word, is becoming more and more difficult. So, it's goodbye to the master (although this post's title is a final homage). From now on, I'm going to find interesting poetry quotations from around the world and the timeline... and if you write in telling me the poet and the poem, I might even send you a Kinder Egg.

I once won a Kinder Egg during a lecture series on Gothic literature, for the feat of remembering the name of a rhetorical term. "Occupatio", I think it was. Anyway, Dr. Jon Mee (for it was he) promised me a Kinder Egg; forgot to bring one the following week; brought one the week after but I wasn't there; the week after that, he, I and the egg were all in one place, but he'd sat on it. The week after that, I got a new egg. And it tasted all the better because I'd earned it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home