Monday, September 18, 2006

Let's...

...talk about sex, bay-bee.

I hate that embarrassing moment when you say exactly what you thought before you realised that you shouldn't say it. Like today, I'm sitting helping my housemate proofread an article on Julius Caesar and stuff, when she notices my attention wander...

"You're looking very thoughtful?"
"Yes... I was just considering blow jobs."

Which was true. But I was considering them because I had recently had a conversation with a friend over whether blow jobs were acceptable from a Christian perspective. So, had I said, "Yes... I was considering a fine point of theology", that would also have been true. Somehow, the mouth has a real urge to say the inopportune before allowing the brain to filter.

The other night, I dreamt that I had a beard. I'd just shaved it, and it was really painful. And when I woke up, I thought "how awful to have a beard". And now I'm curious about whether beards really do hurt, or whether that was just the dream. If anyone would like to leave a comment telling me, that would be great. (N.B. to men - whether they hurt or not, they're damn nasty and should be taxed. Except maybe for religious beards, because that's a different thing. But to do it from choice?)

3 Comments:

Blogger EJ said...

Hey, thanks for the heads-up (hee-hee, like the pun?)

6:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sometimes cultivate my facial hair into a poor pubescent excuse for a beard.

Between days 3 and 10 after shaving, it feels horribly itchy, and I get a nasty rash. But then it settles down, and I have a nice fluffy face. Perfect for colder climates.

I understand, from my significant other, that stubble is most unfriendly towards other people as soon as it passes the five o-clock shadow stage. But is actually quite nice when it reaches the fluffy stage.

According to your blogging pic, it looks like you already do have a beard...

4:25 pm  
Blogger EJ said...

Ah! but that's a cunning disguise.

I can confirm, from the point-of-view of an ex-significant other, that beardiness can indeed be unpleasant and cause unsightly rashes around the lower half of the face. In the case of that particular ex-, the best way of avoiding this problem would have been to remove his head. Sadly, I never did.

9:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home