Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Say...

...what you want.

It’s been a while since I last wrote here – a very long while, indeed. I tend to vacillate between enjoying blogging, and feeling that it’s a pretentious waste of time. When you tell people you have a blog, the most likely reaction is one of amused scepticism. Surely blogs are the last refuge of the self-aggrandizing and talentless? Well, yes, they probably are. But so are newspaper columns, and you actually have to pay to read those. So why don’t we leave bloggers to do their thing without supercilious mockery? If you don’t want to read it, nobody’s forcing you. If you do, nobody’s charging you. Seems like the perfect set-up to me.

In other news, I must strongly urge all 10 of my readers (and that’s in binary) to go and see “Sacred” at the British Library. It’s only on until the weekend, but if you’re in the vicinity of London, it would be a very good thing to do with your time. They have some truly beautiful and amazing manuscripts from the Christian, Jewish and Muslim (in alphabetical order, so don’t be cross) traditions, and they’re presented in illuminating conjunction with each other. My long-suffering companion J dealt admirably with my alternate gasps, squeaks and sighs as we went through the exhibition (though I suspect him of making “I’m not with her” gestures behind my back…)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home