Friday, April 21, 2006

Wild bells

Easter's over, and I managed not to stuff myself with chocolate as a result of having a mouth ulcer and another ulcer on my throat. This made any kind of eating quite excruciating, and chocolate even more so. But now I'm back in Oxford completely un-leprous and without parental watchfulness, and am munching away on all the chocolate from my egg-hunt. Add to this that the wonderful A just came over with not only some really great Japanese anime on DVD, and not only amazing German goats' cheese, but also even more amazing German chocolate, and you have a very happy me.

Easter is, I suppose, the start of a new year in some kind of metaphysical Christian way, so I'm going to use it as an excuse to make the resolutions I didn't make back in January. So, before next Easter I will...

1) Visit at least two more European countries (preferably Italy and Germany, but I'm not fussy)
2) Visit at least five Anglo-Saxon sites to get photos for my archive
3) Learn Latin and German well enough to read moderately difficult texts - the German perhaps facilitated by resolution (1)

I think that's enough. I could always add "try to be a nice person" - but why change the habits of a lifetime? ;)

After a very short time away from Oxford, I'd already forgotten how guilty I feel when at least three sets of church bells toll the hour to tell me that it's really too late and I should be in bed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home